Thursday, September 24, 2009







Sept 23rd
Alyssa made pickles today!! PJ brought home a bunch of Cukes from work so what else to do with so many but make pickles. She made Refrigerator Pickles and an Emeril recipe (will be on the cooking blog next week) for sweet & spicy kind of pickles. They are to sit for 2 weeks to be ready but she couldn't stop eating them even before they made it to the jars! When I can post pics, I'll put them in here.



Sept 22nd
PJ and I went to the Dr Oz show in NYC today. What a blast! It didn't start out that way though. We drove to the station in PJ's car with about 8 minutes to spare. There were no parking spots left so we were going to go park behind the 5&10. As we were going there, PJ realized that his car didn't have a TOH parking sticker! We had to fly home and get Alyssa's car! That didn't work because we couldn't find her keys so Scott drove is to the station. We pulled up and RAN with no time to buy tickets. We ran up the esculator to see the train sitting there ready to depart! We bolted into the train. Whew! We made it.
We knew we would have to pay extra on the train for the tickets but didn't realize just how much! EACH ticket, ONE WAY, was $14 !! Lesson learned!
We took the subway to 48th I think and walked the rest of the way which wasn't far at all. The show was being filmed at 30 Rockerfeller Plaza. We got in line with a million other people. They gave us our wristbands and were told to come back in 45 minutes. We went down the block and got Gyros. I've never liked curry but this was ok. I had forgotten that there was curry in Gyros. I kept thinking that I would have that Curry/India person smell when I was finished! BAD!
We went back and had to stay in a corral type of area. It was soooo hot in there that at one point I had to sit down because I thought I was going to pass out. I think I lost a gallon of sweat! I made a comment that "wouldn't it be funny if one of the segments today was on sweat. I'd be a prime candidate to be called on stage"!
We went into the show, got our seats and listened for directions. One of the topics of today was SWEAT! How funny!
It was a lot of fun. They had topics on the Flu vs colds, Sweat, Mediterranian Diet, Heart Disease, Q&A and I think one more but I can't remember what it was. I'll never watch another show the same where they show expressions on peoples faces when they're surprised, sad, concerned and even shaking their heads. It's ALL staged!
The best part was after Dr. OZ left, he had to come back because he forgot to say what was on tomorrow. We saw the words on the teleprompter and started to laugh along with others that saw it. Dr. Oz began to speak...Did you know that smoking causes your penis to be 1 centimeter smaller.... It was so funny! Great way to end the day!

Sept 21st
I worked today with Mrs. S. from last year. She was actually my FAVORITE in the class!!! It was a very interesting day otherwise!
When I got home, I got a call from Brooke. She was in a 4 car collision at a light. She thankfully ended up with only whiplash. She saw the girl behind her looking down, not seeing that there was a red light ahead. She hit Brooke, who hit the car in front of her, who then hit the car in front of them!
Her back bumper didn't get any damage but the front did. We're thinking her car will be totaled.
I'm just glad that she's ok!

Sept 20
There won't be pictures for a while. I'm having a problem with my AOL.

About 5 years ago, we bought a DVD recorder/VHS so that we can record our home videos onto DVD's. Well, we never got around to it and the VHS part broke. So that defeated the purpose! So we bought another one for Christmas. Once again, we still haven't converted our videos and now the DVD part broke! I guess it's pure laziness on our part but we honestly didn't understand the directions! It was easier to ignore what we bought it for in the first place! I'm thinking that we should bring this one in for repairs and get cracking on making these DVD's!

No comments:

Post a Comment