Monday, September 7, 2009

Sept 6th
We went to the beach today. It was only on the low 70's but what a beautiful, crisp, clear day... until we got to the beach. Holy cow! It was so windy! People had their umbrellas facing west to block the wind. The sand was flying everywhere!

It wasn't crowded like I thought it would be. There were people swimming but not many. I heard the man behind us say that the water was warmer than the air.
We enjoyed ourselves, PJ with his book and me with my endless supply of magazines!

Sept 5th

PJ and I took the MGB out to go garage saleing. We found a book case for Scott for $3 but it's too big for us to bring home. We decided to come back later. We bumped into M.B. and boy that was bad. YAP, YAP, YAP! Never ending!
PJ found this stupid heart shaped lamp that said 'HOPE' on it. He thought it was so funny and decided to buy it for $1 and bring it over to Hope's house! She got a kick out of it. We also got a few lamps for $1 each. They had really nice heavy bases. I wasn't thrilled with the shades but they're easy to replace. And the big purchase of the day.... a set of metal horseshoes for $5. Scott & Alyssa have horseshoe competitions in the yard so they will be used!
We should have gotten some gardening in but we choose to ignore the plants that need to be planted.

Sept 4th

Alyssa left for Plattsburgh today to spend the weekend with friends. Scott's working so it's just me... home alone... what to do. I started redecorating and not being happy so everything went right back the way they were. I wanted to change the pictures on the walls but the screws that are in the plaster walls were ALWAYS in the wrong spot for what I wanted to hang there. I refuse to deal with plaster walls so back the pictures went!
I had written an email to Sen Fuschillo telling about the beach experience from Wednesday. It was really bothering me, especially with the whole Wantagh/Jones Beach Bike path situation to block sober/drunk drivers from crashing into people along the path. I felt that the way that cop handeled the situation just contribute to the problem. I got a phone call from the Sen. office asking me if they could share my letter with the regional director of parks. ABSOLUTELY just leave my name off of it! I'm happy that I wrote that email. I always say i'm going to do that in situations and rarely do. Hopefully it will help somewhere down the line!

No comments:

Post a Comment