Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sept 11th
Today was a very gloomy day. We had a coastal storm come through that gave us rain all day.
I can't believe that it's been 8 years since the attacks on the World Trade Center. I'll never forget that day... where I was when I found out..... watching the tv in disbelief.... the silence of the sky... phone calls all day from P & D's families wanting to know if I've heard from P....
My heart goes out to all of the families effected by this tragedy.

A sad day turns into a happy day.
Jeter passes Gehrig with 2,722nd hit ...Single in third inning puts current captain atop club's list
"It was vintage Derek Jeter -- stay inside the ball and hit it the other way," manager Joe Girardi said. "He's been doing it a long time."
"This is a day everyone will continue to remember forever in our country, and I'm sure people's thoughts were elsewhere, but at least for a little while, they had a chance to cheer today." (D.J.)

No comments:

Post a Comment