Friday, November 6, 2009

Nov 6th
Last night I went out with the girls to Ladies Night at Hemmingways. We had such a nice time. There was special priced menu just for Ladies Night. It was so nice to get out with them again. We met when our oldest children were in Kindergarten. We go out a few times a year for dinner and sometimes a show, since their H.S. graduation.
L & K both had on really interesting "pins or brooches". J & I questioned what they were. They were to hold your glasses instead of loosing them when you put them down! INGENIOUS!! Theirs were held on by a magnet that is on the inside of your clothes vs a pin that would make holes in the fabric. I HAD to try to make one of these. (you can also attach a hoop to a brooch or pin. Then you wouldn't need a magnet to hold it up but you would get the holes in the fabric).
I had some jewelry pieces from past craft projects so why not use them. They were so easy that I made two!
The heart hanging from the second one was from a bracelet that I had as a baby. It doesn't match but I had to hang something from that loop.
So the trick is... the magnet goes into your shirt. At the same spot ON the shirt, would be the jewelry thing. I had to attach another magnet with super glue to the fake pieces (not metal). So the 2 magnets now work together and hold this on the blouse. Instead of putting your eye glasses down, you put one of the ends through the hoop and let it hang that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment