Saturday, November 28, 2009

Nov 28th
There was NO WAY that I'd be doing any shopping today. Being that it's Black Friday, I'm sure lines and traffic will be CRAZY.
Alyssa and Dave left for San Diego this morning and PJ had to work. I decided to look up recipes to use up Thanksgiving leftovers that would be different than the usual casserole or sandwich. I found one... Turkey and Stuffing Egg Rolls. I needed some frozen strawberries and cranberries for the sauce so off to the store I went. No traffic and the supermarket was empty! As soon as I walked in, my mouth dropped. The huge packages of large mushrooms that are used for Stuffed Mushrooms were $1.99! They were still white and beautiful looking. We use so many mushrooms in our cooking and salads that even to just cut these up would be a deal! I was so excited with the find! I bought 5 boxes! I called PJ up and he was as thrilled!
I made the Egg Rolls and boy they were so good! They were easy also, which is always nice. The sauce for them was just the perfect addition. I put the recipe on my cooking blog... http://mamazukecooks.blogspot.com/. I also made Pam Zier's Turkey A La King and used a ton of mushrooms in that! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment