Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Nov 21st

We were invited to the Martin Viette Annual Holiday fundraiser for The INN
http://www.the-inn.org/ a non profit group that runs soup kitchens, shelters and offers supportative services to Long Islands homeless and hungry. Martin Viette sponsors their Plant-A-Row for the Hungry program. http://www.gardenwriters.org/gwa.php?p=index.html
They encourage people and businesses to plant an extra row of vegetables seeds. When they are ready to harvest, donate that row of vegetables to The INN for the soup kitchens. I was a very fun time for a very worthy cause.

We didn't win anything! That though, didn't spot out excitement! When PJ and Frank get together, you never know what they'll be up to. There was a booth there that had a basket of pens and a basket of clips with magnets on the back. PJ went up and got a pen and a clip. A little while later I see him back up at that booth. In the mean time, Frank was doing the same thing but he didn't know that we spotted him! I questioned him about the bulge in his pants pocket which got a lot of laughs. It was filled with clips! At one point Frank clipped a clip on the back of PJ's jacket. It was quite a while later that PJ realized that he was walking around with that on him! It was funny. Frank showed us his pocket on the inside of his jacket... loaded with pens! You'd think these guys didn't have any pens at home! They both explained that they were really NICE pens and NICE clips! OK! When we got home, I took a picture of our pens and clips:


GOOD TIMES!!

Just a small sampling of food offered PJ and Donna in the greenhouse chatting with the Cornell Chordials who serenaded us for the evening.








Nov. 20th

Today I was in my all time FAVORITE class with Mr C. . I was so excited. CJ and Jonathan are in that class so I knew it would be fun. I was greeted so warmly and Mr C actually praised me. He said that the boy that I was a one on one with normally gets one work packet somewhat completed in a day. Today, he got 3 packets fully completed and 6 workbook assignments completed. Mr C was one happy camper!!

Today was a GREAT day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment