Thursday, November 12, 2009

Nov 11th
Today is Veteran's Day. PJ wasn't normally off but took a vacation day to go to museums with the kids. The other day Stan asked PJ if him and Mary can take him to look at funeral homes! He wants to plan his funeral! OK then! So Tuesday night PJ kept calling Stan on the payphone at the home. The residents answer and aren't very helpful. The first 3 times the answer was that Stan wasn't there. The last time the answer was that Stan took his meds and was already in bed. So much for that. First thing this morning, PJ called again. They said Stan went out and won't be back until the afternoon! PJ and Mary decided Stan will now have to plan this for another day instead of them waiting around for him to get home.
PJ woke up Scott to see if he wanted to go and he said no, he has too much to do today. He's going to Cortland tomorrow.
So we decided to take a trip to Coin Galleries. PJ had bought 5 or 6 chains at a garage sale last week. They were 25 cents each. He had a hunch! As it turned out... some of the chains were gold!!! We got $65 for them!! Now THAT was exciting!!!
Alyssa was watching the CMA's when I heard someone singing. I recognized his voice and had to go see for myself. It was HIM! I used to be a big fan of Hootie and the Blowfish. They just seemed to disappear. I figured that they were doing the small venue tours or something. I just loved Darius Rucker, the lead singer. Well heeee's baaaack!!!! He's now a country singer! I HATE country music but I think I'll have to give it my best and try to listen to the new Darius! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etr7UtnUflM

No comments:

Post a Comment