Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dec 1st
I can't believe it's December already!! Where is the time going?
Today I made some cards using some of my photos from my garden and also planting Fields Arboretum. There's a lady in Ithaca that we met last year that sells her cards made from pics from her property. They're very nice. We chatted and she asked me where I get them printed. I explained that I 'make' my own as to her sending her picture to shutterfly and them printing them into cards and that I just make them for friends and don't sell them. She asked me to bring up some cards for her to see on our next visit because she couldn't invision how you 'make' a card! So I made some to bring up.




Tonight was the Holiday Dinner with the gals. We went to Cara Mia Du in Seaford. We all got the prix fix dinner that came with a ticket to the Seaford movie theater. You got your choice of about 8 different appetizers, about 8 main meal dishes and cheesecake or cannolli for dessert. I couldn't believe the choices... appetizers... baked clams, calamari, stuffed mushrooms, ceaser salad, caprese salad... main dish... Flounder, spinach portabello ravioli, shrimp in a creamy garlic sauce, cavitelli with broccoli rabe, sausage and some other things etc. Just the appetizers would have been enough for dinner. The portions were HUGE! I got the caprese salad which was very good and I was stuffed 1/2 way through that! I got the shrimp and ate about 1/3 of it before quitting. It was delicious but i just couldn't eat anymore. We all took our desserts home and I took the rest of my shrimp dish home (gasp, gasp! doggie bags!). We had great company, lots of laughs and great food.

Nov 30

I had 2 Dr appts today... got all of my meds changed. The pharmacy LOVES me... checkbook doesn't!!

No comments:

Post a Comment