Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dec 22nd
I decided to take some pictures of some of my favorite ornaments. After we lost a lot of our ornaments two years ago (the tree fell on Alyssa while she was asleep on the couch!), I wanted to make sure that I have pics of them in case it happens again!
This was given to Scott when he was about 2 years old. He was such a HUGE Mickey fan!
This one is Scott's also
I always like this one. It's from Dept 56.
This brings tears to my eyes when I read it... not sad tears but from laughing so hard! Maybe to fully understand it, to get the full effect, you need to have experienced the people in New orleans. The ones on the bayou really speak like that!
http://www.creativeyouthideas.com/blog/humor/cajun_night_before_christmas_1.html

D & F gave this to Chris when Chris was probably about 6 years old. It's Don Mattingly.
PJ and I received a pair of these at my Bridal Shower! They were made by one of my aunts. I don't remember which one though!
My parents gave this one to Brooke for her first Christmas. There's a dollar bill inside that she has never taken out!
This is in memory of our trip to Times Square to see the ball drop in 2000. It's a Christopher Radko.
Scott bought this before leaving New Orleans after graduation.
Brooke gave this to us.... you can tell we love Disney!

Dec 21st
My Christmas/Thanksgiving/Easter cactus is really giving us quite a show lately. I've made a lot of cuttings in the last year or so and they're now all flowering all over the house! This one in particular is a cutting from the 'mother' plant that we have that was PJ's Grandmother's plant. It's over 50 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment