Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oct 26th

I decided to use the bread machine today. I made these delicious Cresent Rolls. They reminded us of Uncle Stan's rolls. They were really good! I made 2 trays of them and this is all there was left:
Scott had to have AT LEAST 10 of them if not more! The recipe will be in my cooking blog.

Oct 25th

PJ and I decided to take the MGB out for a spin to take advantage of the beautiful weather we're having today. We always end up in Massapequa near the nice houses. We stumbled on to a garage sale and hit the mother load! They had a box of qt. size and a box of jelly jar size canning jars for $1 per box! One of the boxes had a rolled up tube of newspaper that I thought was holding the jars from moving around. When we got home I looked and it was a pretty glass bud vase rolled up in the paper. We also got a bread machine $3 (it's a bigger capacity than mine I mine is broken anyway!), and a food dehydrator for Scott for $3. He mentioned a while ago that he wanted one of them!

I didn't realize that the beach chairs were in the trunk. When we got everything piled into the car I told PJ to use side streets to go home so no one would see us. We had the boxes of jars and the dehydrator on my lap and the bread maker between us at our head level. We looked so funny! Well, we took Merrick Rd and 135 to get home so EVERYONE saw us!!
I wish I had my camera for that one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment