Friday, October 16, 2009

Oct 15th
What a nasty day. It rained pretty much all day.
I went to the VA Administration with Ann today. Lots of paperwork that needs to be filled out!
PJ and I went out to dinner with P & N. We went to Big Daddy's in Massapequa.


"Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler"
Cajun French for
"Let the good times roll!"

I've heard great things about this place. It's typical New Orleans fare. The atmosphere is nothing to write home about but the food was EXCELLANT! We shared the Crabmeat Beignets as an appetizer. They were so good. I would have never guessed that you can have a filling in them but then again, why not? YUM!
I had a cup of Gumbo which I gave to PJ after I ate about 1/3 of it. I broke out in such a sweat! It was SPICY! I got the Shrimp Etouffee that i ordered. What a huge plateful! It was really good but more spicy that I would have preferred. I was stuffed after about 1/4 of it but ate a little more. I brought the rest home. Scott tasted it and said it was good but that he likes mine better. That made me smile! Alyssa started choking! She tasted a very spicy part and she loves spicy foods!
We had a very nice time with a lot of laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment