Sunday, October 11, 2009

Oct 10th

Today was a special day for me. I was inducted into the Jerusalem Chapter of D.A.R. It's been a long road getting to this point!!!

The ceremony was held at the old train museum in Wantagh. First we had a plaque/sign dedication at Duckpond Dr / Wantagh Ave. One of the women asked me, as soon as I got there, if I was Lynn. When I said yes, she must have seen the concerned look on my face like how do you know who I am? She said she recognized me from my picture in the Who's Cooking in Newsday! Pretty funny!

There were politicians there along with other DAR members. The sign is announcing the Jerusalem Settlement and the Seaman House (where Denglers Nursery was). After that, we drove down to the train museum.

There was another inductee there, Beth. The lady that swore us in was from the Hamptons and in charge of NYS DAR or something like that. The members were so impressed that she inducted us.
Beth and I each got American and DAR flags. Just what I wanted to put on my desk!!

This was an interesting day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment