Monday, October 12, 2009

Oct 12th
I went out to lunch today with Judy. We went to Thai Taste in Massapequa. We both got what we always get... the Nightingaleus Nest. It always a safe tasty meal. We had a great time catching up.

Oct 11th

About 6 months ago, we started getting a couple of 'bumps' in out blacktop. There are 4 in all. Each one of them is in the upper part of the driveway. None of them ever open so we could see what was in there until this weekend. I was sweeping all of the acorns from our neighbors tree that overhangs our driveway. I swept over the latest bump that had already started splitting on the top. The broom took off a few pieces of blacktop! So what the hech was in there but a MUSHROOM!!! A BIG MUSHROOM!!!

This could be big trouble! A mushroom grows in decomposition or rotting matter. We're figuring that the neighbors tree has roots going under my driveway. The tree is right in line with these 'bumps'. I bet the roots are rotting, hence the mushroom spores. (I hate the word 'hence' but it was fitting.)
So now what to do... ask the neighbor if it's happening to their black top playing dumb and hoping they get a hint, not say anything and have it ruin our driveway or maybe open up the other 3 bumps and put some Roundup in each whole, on each mushroom. That would eventually kill the tree. But then it may fall on my car in the process of dieing so maybe that's not a good idea. I just don't know what the right thing to do would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment