Monday, August 10, 2009

Aug 9th

"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" — Julia Child
PJ and I went to see Julie & Julia today. It was a fun movie! I was surprised... I think PJ liked it more than I did! I can relate so much with the Julie character even getting as obsessive as she did! JULIE & JULIA movie trailer
I grew up eating Julia Child recipes that my mother made but I never appreciated them at the time. I even sold my J.C. Mastering the Art of French Cooking cookbook at my garage sale. NOW I wish I had it back!

I'm thinking that there will be a resurrection of people making J.C. recipes and even people doing the same challenge that Julie did. I won't do the challenge but I will start trying some of her famous recipes. I wish I had her cookware. I remember my mother making what I called stew, but was probably the 'Boeuf Bourguignon', in her Le Cruset Dutch Oven pot. I loved that pot. I always wondered what happened to that pot. Well, last week when I was at my fathers house I happened to look up above his cabinets in the kitchen. There it was... the pot! Now, how do I get that pot? I can't ask my step mother if I could HAVE it. I think I may ask to BORROW it and express my interest in it. Maybe she'll offer it OR NOT but I can take a long time to give it back!

Last night I made hotdogs, pasta salad and a corn, pepper and tomato salad for dinner. It was absolutely nothing special but we wanted something quick and easy so we can all sit and watch the Yankee game while we ate dinner. Out of my mouth flew Bon Appetit with an accent and my hand flew in the air as I said it! It was so funny.
August 8th

It's a sad day today. Brooke will be going home. Looking back on this past week and a half, it's like she never left. We see each other about every 6 months but we always pick up where we left off. The only difference this time was that she brought Sammy home. I was a bit un-nerved about a DOG staying here because I'm NOT an animal lover but Sammy grew on us/me. I think PJ misses him a lot. He looked forward to taking Sammy for walks and would sometimes do it HOURLY!
Brooke was leaving late so we were going to go out for dinner to celebrate her upcoming birthday but she decided that All American was the perfect meal to have so she could also watch the Yankee game. She's a true fan!
Brooke and PJ coming back from All American with the food.
Dad was moved to a re-hab center last night. I went to see him today. He thinks that the military has something to do with the nurses checking his blood so much. HUH? They're actually checking his blood sugar level. He also asked where he's been for the last few days and why was he in there. It's obvious that his mind is slipping more and more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment