Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Aug 17th

I DVR'd last nights Season Premire of Mad Men and watched it this morning. I was so excited that it was FINALLY back!
When the first scene opened and I saw Don's feet, I was instantly let down! I HATE when that second toe is taller than the rest. Total turn off for me IMO. But I still love Don Draper! I read some of the posts on 2 P's message board explaining a lot of things about the episode that went right over my head. I even posted about the feet! Some replies that helped me understand the episode better:

- The showing of Don's feet was a way to show the viewers that you will be seeing more layers to him; hence the showing of his feet; it also shows that he is "unbending" a bit...

-I actually do think Don's question to Sal was an innuendo about his sexuality. He mentioned something about the ad and wasn't it something about keeping indiscretions covered up or something like that. I think it was Don's way of letting Sal know he knows about him but he won't say anything but Sal needs to keep it in his pants, so to speak. "Limit your exposure"

-that was sad at the end when Sally found the TWA wings and Betty pinned them on her.

-and they referenced bare feet again, when Don told the stewardess to go out in her bare feet.

-I thought Sal DID get lucky and that's why he was late to the meeting.
Ooooh...good point. I actually forgot about him being late to the meeting! I bet he did hook up with the bellboy later.

-Peggy is no longer subordinate to Joan; in fact, she has surpassed her, so she no longer needs to be circumspect about what she says. It seemed like she was throwing her new status around a little bit. Joan finally has the "rock" on her finger, and is halfway out the door. It seemed they bonded over their mutual dislike of the English "right-hand man".

Now that I'm understanding things a bit better, I can't wait until next weeks episode!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment