Friday, August 21, 2009

Aug 20th
Happy Birthday Scott!!!!

Scott is 22 today. Where did the time go!
It was once again so hot/humid today. PJ and Scott have been complaining about the HUGE plants that were growing near the grape vine. Kris had given me a few of these last year and they reseeded all over the area. I forgot what they're called but they have yellow daisey type of flowers. They are just starting to flower now. It does look like a mess there. So I took the liberties of removing them today so they don't reseed even more. Tomorrow I will plant the sunflower plants that PJ brought home. I had given him seeds that were sent to me from the GREAT SUNFLOWER PROJECT.
This is a project that is through the San Francisco Biology Dept. They needed volunteers to plant sunflower seeds and track bee activity.
PJ forgot to sow the seeds until a few weeks later so hopefully it won't bee to mate in the season for them to fully flower. They now stand approx 4 feet high and all are budding.

No comments:

Post a Comment