Saturday, August 8, 2009

Aug 7th

What a great day!
PJ and I went to garage sales in the MGB. At our first stop we got a Betty Crocker Oven Roaster (PJ's idea!) for $10. He was so excited! I guess that will be stored in the basement!We had to put it on my lap and drive home and start again. We should have taken his wagon! Then we went to a sale around the block. The lady ran up to me so excited to see me and gave me a hug and kiss. I don't think I've ever met the woman in my life! I pretended to know her but as of now, I still don't know her! We got a beautiful, like new, reversable comforter with 2 sets of curtains for $5 ! The comforter alone sells for $89.99!
Then we went to King Kullen to get the Colossal shrimp for $5.99/ lb and the porterhouse steaks for $3.99/ lb.
We figured we'd go all out and make a grilled surf and Turf dinner for tonight. We got 4 lbs of the shrimp. The steaks were a limit of 4 so PJ got 4 and I got 4. While we were on line, we pretended not to know eachother so they didn't have a problem with us buying 8 steaks. They were the last 8 steaks there! While on line, PJ said very quietly "check out the prices of the steaks". One of his was marked Ground Beef at $1.89/ lb. I looked and I also had one that was labeled Ground Beef! SCORE!
Then we headed to Guintas for vegetables. After paying PJ said "Boy Lynn, this is your lucky day"! PJ was watching the register as the veggies were being rung up. I was having a conversation with the cashier about the Walmart on 110 becoming a Super Walmart soon like the ones in FL. I guess she was distracted! The vine ripened tomatoes that were supposed to be $1.99/ lb came up as watermellon for 29 cents per lb!!
To make the day even better, the team won all 3 games of volleyball and PJ's softball team won both of his games. The icing on the cake came when A-Rod hit a HR to end the 15 inning game against the Red Sox with a WIN!
WHAT A DAY!!!
Aug 6th


Brooke and Micki were asleep on the 2 couches in the living room when we got up. Brooke can't go upstairs anymore because she's very allergic to Huckleberry and can't breathe up there. PJ went out and got bagels for the girls. YUM!


The girls were going into the city for the concert so PJ and I just did errands today. We put the MGB into the shop to get it inspected... $385 later! When we got it back, we went crusin. Always lots of fun!


Aug 5th

Brooke's friend, Micki, flew up from FL today to stay for a few days. Brooke and Micki have been huge American Idol fans for years and would always watch the show together. Brooke got tickets to a concert of David Cook for her, Anyssa and Micki, if Micki was coming. If not, I was going with Brooke and Alyssa. Micki decided to jump at the chance.

PJ was supposed to have a softball game tonight at 9:00 but it was canceled because of the weather. HUH? We didn't have even a drop of rain. It turns out that that Hicksville and upward to the north shore got pounded by a storm that caused a lot of damage. The game was supposed to be in Hicksville. I guess the weather caused more problems. Micki's flight was delayed an hour so she wasn't getting in until 11:30 PM. Brooke and Alyssa went and got her.

No comments:

Post a Comment