Friday, August 28, 2009

Aug 27th
PJ was off today because he's working on Saturday. He went out to lunch with Stan because it was Stan's birthday.
I had Judy and Margaret over to do a little scrapping! It's always fun getting together with the girls! We had a very nice time together and got 'something' accomplished in the way of scrapping!
We got pizza for dinner... a plain pie and a vegetable pie. PJ asked them to put some garlic on it also. OMG! We ended up taking just about all of the garlic off of the pie! They put slivers and huge chunks of RAW garlic on it. My first bite that had some garlic made my mouth feel like it was on fire! PJ had a great idea... save the garlic and use it in tomorrows cooking!

Aug 26th
I went to visit Dad before his procedure but they already took him in. In the end, they found that he has a bleeding ulcer.
I hung out with Judy in the afternoon. I haven't seen her in a while. Good times!

Aug 25th

Dad was supposed to be sent to another re-hab facility today but started bleeding internally again. He will have another procedure tomorrow to hopefully determine the cause.
I got the dutch oven that I asked my step mother to borrow. It was my mother's and has many great memories. My mother used to make lots of Julia Child recipes in that pot! I remember it being a pretty blue and thought it was a decent size. I was surprised at how small it is. It's only 9" in diameter! My first thought when I saw it was "what the heck can I make in such a small pot"? I'm sure I'll find plenty of things to make in it! It is also scratched a lot on the inside and has a lot of chips along the top. I guess it wasn't well cared for. I'm just glad to have it!
Aug 24th
I went to the beach today for a little while. Perfect day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment