Friday, July 3, 2009

July 3rd
We went for a walk at the beach tonight. It was so nice and breezy until we turned around to walk back. There wasn't a breeze at all and the gnats were attacking us! There was a band playing at the bandshell that drew quite a crowd. Actually the band that we saw was Paging Grace and they seemed good. I think it must have been the headline band though that was drawing the crowd... The Long Run An Eagles Tribute Band.
The sunset on the way home was really nice.
Sunset over the Jones Beach Ampitheatre

July 2nd

PJ was off today so we went food shopping together. We went to Guintas Meat Farms... our favorite store! I needed a little spinach for a certain salad that I was going to make so I grabbed one of the bags of already cleaned spinach. PJ comes over to the cart and said "get a load of this"!
He was holding a HUGE bag of spinach that was 99 cents per bag! We ended up buying 7 bags!
I feel like we hit the Mother Load! It turns out, they over ordered the spinach and needed to get rid of it. So I made about a quart of spinach pesto and blanched about 1 1/2 bags. I never realized the amount of spinach in those bags. There's a lot more than what you'd think by looking at it.My picture made me think that it looked like there was a drug bust in my dining room!


July 1st
PJ had a softball game tonight. Boy did they stink!! They lost both games with the run rule!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment