Saturday, July 11, 2009

July 11th


Today is FREE SLURPEES at 7-11! My kids used to LOVE going there to get their free slurpee.


PJ is working today. I came to the conclusion that I have WAY too many cookbooks that I don't use. I spent the afternoon putting them on Craigslist along with other things that I don't need anymore!

July 10th

Today was all planned out with Alyssa driving in to Brooklyn to hand in (must be in person!) her paperwork and $ to get her NYC substitute teaching certificate. When she would get home, Scott and Alyssa were going to leave for their trek to Rhode Island where Scott will be in a triathalon on Sunday. NOTHING worked out the way it should. There was a fire just under the Throgs Neck Bridge so the bridge was shut down all day. http://www.newsday.com/news/wpix-throgs-neck-bridge-fire,0,5122403.story

Traffic was backed up EVERYWHERE! Alyssa was then going to take the train and the subway but found out that the Babylon line was delayed because of a derailment! What to do now. They have to get to R.I . for early Saturday check in. PJ came up with a great idea.... take the ferry! That's what they did. I think a lot of people had the same thought because they ended up booking a 6:00 PM ferry ride to New London, CT.
Cousin Lauren offered that Scott and Alyssa can stay at their 'other' house which is just about 15 minutes from the race. It turns out that besides Lauren being there, so was Linda, Aunt Winnie and Uncle Ronnie! I'm sure there will be LOTS of stories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment