Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 19th CONTINUED...

Well we arrived in Ithaca around 3:00. It was a long ride because this time we stopped for breakfast and walked around a farmers market along the way. We went to the plant Science building to see if there was any info on the Floriculture Field Day that was for Tuesday. Donna told us that we could get tickets to view the field gardens in the afternoon and it would include lunch. That would leave out the morning boring lectures! As usual, there wasn't any info so we decided to take a walk through Mimm's Garden right outside of the building. I love the new gate and fence that they put in. They are iron and so detailed! There are 'roots' and even a 'shelf fungus' on one of them... all in iron. The flowers were really nice as usual. I was disappointed that the Alliums weren't painted this year as they were last year. Oh well. I went around taking some seeds from plants that I liked. One of them was from the Allium Giganteum. I went to pick off just a couple of seeds and the entire HEAD came off!!! I quickly stuffed it in my pocketbook so no one would see. It's about 9 or 10 " in diameter!!

We ate dinner at a Chinese restaurant and then headed out to Sunset Park to see a magnificent sunset over Cayuga Lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment