Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 23rd

Today we packed up the tent etc for our move to Cayuga Lake State Park. We had breakfast at Wegman's again.
Before we left the area, we drove through the campus to look for something and what do I see.... they painted the Alliums from Mimm's Garden!! They must have read my mind the other day!!
We set up our tent etc. We were like the only ones in that area. Our poor tent is starting to show it's age. It's a canvas Morsan tent from 1978 or '79. They don't make them like that anymore!
We had lunch at Castle Grisch Winery on Seneca Lake. We sat outside on the deck overlooking the vineyards and the lake. We both ordered Jaegerschnitzel. It was delicious.

Before we left we received free tickets to the Greyhound Event with the Cayuga Wine Trail. We didn't choose those to go with our season pass but I guess they didn't sell enough tickets. I was a little leary because of the dogs but figured we'd try. We checked in at Montezuma Winery at dinnertime. We got our free glasses and dog treats for Brooke's dog. They were having a Chicken BBQ with music so we decided to have dinner there instead of cooking at the campsite. The bugs at the campsite were terrible!
July 22nd

We went for a walk in the Taughnnock Falls Gorge. It was really dry this year. It's a 3/4 of a mile walk in the water, on the gorge surface only to get to a beautiful site... the falls!

I love some of the scenery around here. You have the land and you have the water. What more could you want!



1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! I have the same tent. I grew up camping in it and at nearly 40 I still camp in it. My parents bought it in 1981 at the Morsan Store.

    ReplyDelete