Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today is dedicated to DAR

I'm spending a good part of today getting all of my paperwork, documents and pictures in order so that my application to DAR will sail through without any problems.

My cousins and I have done extensive research with the Somerset Historical Society and have documented 13 generations! We can go all the way back to Wilhem ANGEN_EICK born about 1590 coming to New Amsterdam in 1650. The one piece of the puzzle that we can't seem to find out is where is my Grandfather buried! We have pictures of headstone going back to the early 1700's in the Ten Eyck cemetary but can't figure out where he is. Go figure!

While looking through my photos, I found this picture of my Grandparents wedding.
Front: My Grandmother Veronica (Her real name was Gretchen!) and my Aunt Dot (Dorothy Reith), they were sisters.
Back from the left: Best man was a vetenarian but don't know his name, my Grandfather Abraham, Uncle George (Bauer, brother of Vera and Dot) and Uncle Charlie (Reith, Aunt Dot's husband)

No comments:

Post a Comment