Friday, January 9, 2009

MY THRIFT SHOP FIND..

Alyssa and I went to our local thrift shop to see if we could pick up some things for her to use in her new apartment. She got a wicker twin headboard that has the middle as a mirror. It will be spray painted and turned into a regular mirror tomorrow. Alyssa picked out a pretty peachy/salmony color spray paint.

I've been enjoying reading the blog http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/

She is very creative in ways that she uses items and changes things around. I really need to do that in my house because we tend to never change things! We don't have much decorating sense.

I love the way she uses fabrics on the blog. With that in mind, I bought 2 tablecloths, one for the dining room table in the fall and the other is a turquoise and white paisley print that will go really well with the putside table in the summer. Alyssa thought if I wasn't going to use it as a tablecloth, it would be nice fabric to use in my next rag quilt.

May favorite thing that I bought today is actually ugly and not my style at all but who cares! It's a large glass lamp where the base can open up and you can put things in it. I had a great (or so I thought) thought in my head to put our long collected collection of wine bottle corks in it. It may end up ugly and then I'll just donate the lamp back to the thrift shop but for now, I'm willing to try. Now I just need a shade for the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment