Saturday, January 17, 2009

STILL COOKING...

JANUARY 16


I had to make another Sauerbraten today. Kris recomended me for the Newsday Who's Cooking article. The lady that interviewed me thought the Sauerbraten would be a good idea. All went well until I sliced the meat. It was so tender but I let it cool to make slicing easier. About 15 minutes before the photographer was to arrive, I put the meat on a plate, nice and neat and put the gravy on top but not covering the whole slices of meat. I didn't want it to look like a plate of gravy! The meat started to dry out so I had to keep spritzing it with water to keep it hydrated! Why me??? I think the funny part is still to come when Kris, John, Judy and Lew come tonight to share the sauerbraten with us. They may break their teeth trying to chew it!!

This pic is before cooking the meat but after I browned the sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment