Sunday, June 28, 2009

June 28th
A few weeks ago Alyssa told me about a book called A Child Called "It". She told me that it has effected her way of thinking about childrens words and actions. She highly recomended that I read the book and the 2 that follow, which she hasn't read yet. I ordered all 3 thinking that I have all summer to read them and if they are like every book I pick up... I will put it down within the first chapter never to be picked up again! I'm not a lover of reading. I can't concentrate if it doesn't grasp me right away and then I'm lost. Being that PJ is working today, I decided that this is the perfect day to START the book.

I sat outside and began the book. The only reason that I put it down was to go inside to make a sandwich for lunch only to bring it outside and get back to reading!

This book is so touching and you just want to help this poor boy out of his misery. I FINISHED the book!!! It was a quick read so most 'experienced readers' will finish it a lot quicker than I did. This is a book that anyone working with children should read! Not even them, everyone should read it not only for the inspiration but also to learn about abuse.

June 27th
What a wasteful day! Here's the story... PJ, Mary, Stan and Jimmy (from Chicago) wanted to bury their mothers ashes at the cemetery. Mary called the cemetery and inguired about doing that and they said that they need 24-48 hours notice. She told Jimmy that and they all decided that today (Saturday) would be the day to do that. Jimmy booked his flights at this point BEFORE Mary called to confirm. When Mary did that, they told her that they only do that service m-f, not on the weekends. Mary called Jimmy who then exploded "who is going to reimburse me for my flights"? You should have waited you dope!
Jimmy decided that he would still come out here for the weekend to see everyone being that the tickets were paid for. They buried the ashes yesterday (Friday) and all went well. Today was different! Jimmy called to say that he missed his flight. They would try to get him on the next flight which was an hour later. In the mean time, PJ was supposed to be off but ended up having to go into work for a few hours to check on things. He was going to pick Jimmy up at the airport. Jimmy called once again and said that he couldn't get on the next flight but there is one going to Newark. PJ said "I'm not going to Newark"! Jimmy said "I'll call you when I get there. We have to shut off our phones" and he hung up. PJ called Mary and told her. She also wouldn't go to Newark. She ended up texting him telling him to get on the path train etc and how to get to Massapequa. He gets to Jamaica and misses the train he should have connected to so now a little more of a wait. He finally got to Massapequa at 6:15... 7 HOURS later.
After PJ spoke with Jimmy, he was finished at work so he came home. He said "let's go for a drive". I'm game! We drove out east to Mattituck etc and took in the sights. We got some color driving with the roof down. AAAH SUN! It was nice to just talk and relax.

When we got home Scott and Alyssa told us that they were at Jones Beach and were EVACUATED!!! A storm was coming and it actually looked like a tornado.
We ended up going out to dinner with Mary and Jimmy to The Corner Galley. We HATE that place! This is the 3rd time we've gone there with Mary and we've always felt the same about it. She loves it! 3 of us got burgers and not to ever change his ways, Jimmy got the Duck. He always orders the most expensive thing on the menu.
After dinner we went back to mary's house to see Jimmy's picture of the house he just bought. We expected maybe like 2 pictures of each room etc. NOT!!! There must have been like 400 pictures all together. He had like 20 pictures of each room standing in different places... how many angles of a closet do you need to see??? We must have seen at least 20-30 pictures of his 3 trees in the front of the house! ENOUGH!
It was nice to say GOOD-BYE knowing it will be a long time before we have to see him again!

June 26th
WOAH!!! The sun is shinning... for the time being! I had to go outside and snap some shots on how the garden is coming along. I guess the flowers like the rain and cloudy days!









No comments:

Post a Comment