Saturday, March 21, 2009

March 20th

Today is my father's 81st birthday. Before work I made a Lemon Meringue pie for him. The crust shrunk into the pan a bit (don't know how that happened) but for once the Meringue worked and didn't slide off the filling!
Tonight was the St Williams crop. We had a lot of fun. HM drove down from CT for the occasion, Nancy and her niece came and our new friend Judy (that we met at the Northport crop) came with her niece too. As usual, we didn't get much done. We chat more than we scrap!
I won 2 baskets so that was the icing on the cake!

Our group...The crop...

March 19th
I decided to for Fridays crop, to save my scrapbooking until I go to the Simsbury Inn with Judy in April otherwise I won't have enough pictures to last the weekend. I switched to making cards instead. So I had to repack with all different items.

March 18th
What an awful day at work. We never opened a book, a ditto... NOTHING! We practiced walking from the classroom door, to their seats and sitting for 2 minutes quietly. With only 5 kids in the classroom you'd think this was easy...NOT! This is what we did ALL DAY! I came home and needed some comfort so i made Chicken Enchilada's with Tomatillo Sauce and a big nacho platter for dinner! Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

March 17th
I started going through my pictures today to plan for Friday's crop at St Williams on Friday. It will be the fundraiser event which is always our favorite crop at St Wills.
March 16th
Back to the old grind today. PJ's still not doing good with his vertigo but INSISTED on driving to work!!!

March 15th
I did a little food shopping today at our new favorite vegetable/meat store... Giunta's Meat Farms. I rarely get to buy anything from the deli section because there is always a long line. I don't want to wait an hour to get some cold cuts. They have a huge assortment of ethnic vegetables and the usual and always a great price. I always but my Tomitillos at Giunta's. They're always a great price and I crave Tomitillo sauce on occasion so you'll usually find some in the fridge! This is the store that we will take Scott to when he gets home from school. He always wanted to try pigs feet, oxtails, etc...all the weird meats. They have them here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment