Thursday, May 7, 2009

April 29th

The Saratoga Bee Balm is starting to pop through the ground.
This is what it looks like when it more mature:


April 28th
Went to visit Dad in rehab. He's looking ok and now has his mind back!

April 27th
It's back to work today after a nice weekend. I couldn't stop thinking about what a fun weekend it was!

April 26th

Up at 6:30 AM to start again! This is my favorite time of the day here. It's so peaceful and I'm usually one of the first ones to show up in the morning. Judy was a good girl and worked out in the gym before coming down to the scraproom. Today was even better than yesterday because everyone was tired and getting giddy. I read a letter that my MIL wrote to a pantyhose company that was so funny but even funnier because we were giddy. Half of the people in the room were hysterical!

Judy and I with our tablemates


Our friends from the past 2 years! They're sooo nice.

Judy and I entered the layout contest. Judy did a beautiful layout of her and Larry's time at the Great Wolf Lodge with their Grandchildren. The picture definately DOESN'T do it justice!




My layout was of the day PJ and I took a ride to Planting Fields Arboretum.



They added a second catagory for items that weren't scrapbook layouts. I entered a simple card that I made.


Today is the Brunch day which we look forward to. This trip isn't all about scrapping.... it's a lot about the food!




At 4:30 we had to head home. It's so sad when this weekend comes to an end. On the way home we thought up challenges to add to our layouts of our weekend. Do you think we could even remember one of them? NOT!



April 25th
WE'RE OFF!!!
Judy and I left at 5:30 AM for our 3 hour drive to the Simsbury Inn in CT. We got lost in a not too good area but that was ok.... we were on our way to a great weekend! We arrived just before 8:30 to the smiling faces of Becky and Sandy, our hosts. They showed us to out table and introduced us to our new tablemates. This was their first time at a weekend crop. Judy and I started with a nice breakfast sitting in the room with the fireplace. There's waaayyyy too much to write about the Simsbury weekend for now. Judy and I had a BLAST with constant laughter. It's so nice to get away with someone that you can 'let it all out' with.


Becky and Sandy came around early this year to ring their bug bell to deliver gifts to everyone! We always look forward to that and I ALWAYS end up with the worst one! But, we always have a good laugh about that also!

Some pics that will tell the story:

We ate lunch out on the patio. This weekend was supposed to be a beautiful HOT weekend with temps up near 90 degrees in APRIL!
PART of lunch!
Our bedroom

Our scraproom

Dinner is always so good here. There's so much to choose from. I try a little of everything which really equals a lot of food. It looks like a mess on my plate but is OHHHHH SOOOO GOOD! I hated the salmon though!!!


Judy and I always treat ourselves to one drink while we're away for our weekend.


We stayed up till 1:30 AM chatting with these ladies. They were so nice.

This is only PART of their stash!!!

That's it for today! Time to get a couple of hours of sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment