Wednesday, April 8, 2009

April 8th,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDY!!!
YIPPIEEE! Today was the last day of school before the break!!!!
I have a GREAT story for today! (At least I think it's great!)

I LOVE my Lands End sneakers. The have a pull string instead of laces. That pull string broke. Lands End guarantees their products for LIFE... no questions asked. I emailed customer service to say that the cord broke and how do I go about getting a replacement. She said being that I purchased them from the LandsEnd counter at Sears, I should bring them back to Sears. So I went to do that. They refunded my money instead of replacing them because they no longer make this model. I was a little annoyed because I bought them on clearence and now wouldn't have sneakers to wear unless I spent more $ on a new pair. They suggested that I mail the sneakers to LandsEnd and the will replace them with a pair that is the new model. So they deleted my refund and I then mailed the sneakers to the company $9 and change later! Yesterday I received a check in the mail for $9.70 from them. I was pretty mad thinking that THIS was the refund they were giving me instead of replacing the sneakers. I wrote them a nasty email stating how I was very disappointed in their way of handling this. I mentioned that now I don't have a pair of sneakers and that I'll have to spend more $ to replace them which is NOT what their guarentee said. I went on and on and sent the email. This morning I got a response from them. That $9.70 was to reimburss me for the postage that I paid to ship them to the the company and my new pair should be arriving TODAY! Boy did I feel like a dope! I thanked her very much and suggested that they should include note with refunds so that we know what it's for! When I got home from work, my new sneakers were waiting for me at the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment