Monday, April 13, 2009

April 13th

I decided to go out to the perennial garden and see what's coming up. I had planted a bunch of different kinds of Alliums in the fall and I was excited to check them out. I had also planted a clump of 'Saratoga' Bee Balm which still isn't coming up yet.
Maybe I'm cracking up but I think someone is playing a trick on me. Last fall, I moved around a lot of the perennials and also planted the Allium and Bee Balm so I labeled every perennial so I would know what everything was when it started coming up. It was a lot of work but I knew come the spring, I'd be happy that I did it. I used wooden tongue depressors and a permanent sharpie to label them. Well, most are blank. The writing wore off and then there was a pile of labels just hanging out together. Where did they come from? I even found that some of the labels are in the wrong spot such as the Red California Poppy is now where the Peony is. HUH? I'm so confused now. I'm also not sure if certain plants are weeds or a perennial. I guess time will tell.

The Allium Gladiator and Allium Gigantum are up so that's a good sigm! I also planted a few of the Pansys that PJ grew at work.

Pile of labels next to Allium Gladiator


Allium Gigantum


Some kind of Allium next to a blank label



One of PJ's Pansys

No comments:

Post a Comment