Saturday, April 18, 2009


April 18th

What a fun garage sale! We got to chat with people that we haven't seen in a while which is always fun. There were some funny happenings like when 2 families with their children came to the sale. They hardly spoke English. One bought an insulated bag for food/drinks whatever. Then his friend bought one. Then the wife said 'the beach' in Spanish (PJ understood that). So she bought one. Then I went up to the group and said 'CERVESA' and the lady said something to the guy and they bought the rest of them! That was like 10 in all! It was so funny!
It's a lot of work but the house is now less cluttered. I just put an ad on freecycle.com for people to take away what's left over. I hope they're like vultures and take everything!!!
*** I had to come back to add the outcome of the freecycle post. Within an hour of posting on freecycle, everything, boxes and boxes, TONS of things are GONE! It was so funny watching the people load up their cars from the window. Now all that's left is the baker's rack. I relisted that a few minutes ago.
Now I must tend to my sunburn!

April 17th

Dad was moved to a rehab facility across the street from the hospital until he can stand up and walk.

I spent the day getting things together for our garage sale tomorrow.


April 16th

Dad is not doing well but they found out that his problem is only a urinary tract infection. It effects elderly in strange ways such as their mind and muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment